Fast Food Friday: Raw Vegan Lime Coconut Donuts
- 3 – 4C cashews
- 1/2C golden flax
- 1/4C psyllium
- Zest of 4 limes
- 2-3T shredded coconut
- 1/2C agave (or coconut sugar – agave is better for flavour in this one)
- 1 1/2C water
- 1/4C coconut flour, if needed
- Grind cashews and flax in a high speed blender. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add psyllium, lime zest, and agave. Slowly mix in water, using your hands to remove any lumps. Set aside for 15 minutes to allow the flax and psyllium to absorb the water and expand.
- If still a little sticky, dust with coconut flour and knead in until it’s not so sticky.
- Using a bowl of water, wet your hands and separate the mix into 10 or so same sized balls.
- Keep your hands wet, and turn these ball shapes into donut shapes. You can either roll out into a sausage shape and join the ends together, or make a smooth, flat ball and poke a hole through with your fingers.
- Place on a lined dehydrator tray.
- Dehydrate until dry to touch, then turn over and repeat for the other side.
- Ice with vanilla cream, and garnish with lime zest and/or shredded coconut.
Like what you see? Share this post!