- 4C cashews or almonds
- 1C golden flax
- 1/2C coconut sugar
- 2 1/2C water
- 3T psyllium
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 1/2C dried figs, soaked
- 2T coconut flour, if needed
- Grind nuts and golden flax in a high speed blender. Depending on the size of your blender, you’ll probably need to do this in a couple of batches. Place ground nuts and seeds in a large mixing bowl.
- Add coconut sugar, psyllium, and orange zest.
- Slowly add water, and mix into a dough.
- Chop the soaked figs, add to bowl and slowly knead through the dough. Add coconut flour at this stage, if it’s a little sticky.
- Roll out into a loaf shape. Using a bread knife, carefully slice into 1cm thick slices.
- Spread slices out on a dehydrator tray, and dehydrate until loaf is at the desired dryness – at least a few hours, but dry overnight if you like a little crunch on the outside.