Fast Food Friday: Raw Vegan Kingstons
- 2T golden flax
- 1/2C almonds
- 1/4C shredded coconut
- 1/4C coconut sugar
- 2t vanilla
- 1/4-1/2C water
- 1/2C cashews, soaked
- 1t vanilla extract
- 1/4 – 1/2C cacao powder
- 1/2 young coconut (approx 1/2C flesh, 1/2C water)
- 1/4C cacao butter, melted (or coconut oil)
- 1/4 – 1/2C sweetener – agave is best for flavour, but use whatever suits you
- Pinch sea salt
- Place all filling ingredients into high speed blender, and blend. Set aside in fridge.
- Grind almonds and flax in high speed blender. Place in mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients, mixing the water in gradually.
- Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the flax to absorb the water.
- Shape mixture into small, evenly sized balls, and flatten onto dehydrator teflex sheet, or piece of baking paper. If the mixture sticks to your hands, use a bowl of water to keep your hands wet.
- Dehydrate 12 hours, or overnight, until crunchy.
- When cookies are cold, place a spoonful of chocolate mousse in the centre of half of them.
- Place another cookie firmly on top.
Like what you see? Share this post!