Gosh darn it, who DOESN’T love cheese? I’m hard pressed to decide if the love of my life is really Damion, or cheese… Just kidding. It’s definitely cheese. The hardest thing in my initial transition to a raw diet was letting go of the cheese monster, which is why I made up my delicious labna, which I’m working really hard to get into the shops for y’all before we go back to Bali in 4 weeks!
Anyway, this raw, vegan, cauliflower cheese bake recipe is a perfect little comfort blankie to help get you through this last little bit of winter… I say sitting in the sunshine in jeans and a singlet! It’s a two-parter – cheese sauce and then putting it together. Super easy though. Go get in the kitchen, and have a gorgeous weekend!
- 1 1/2C cashews, soaked 1 1/2C water
- 1T nutritional yeast*
- 1 1/2t sea salt
- 1/2T psyllium
- 1t turmeric powder
- 1 clove garlic
*If you are gluten sensitive, double check the packet to make sure it’s ok for you. The one I had states that it ‘may contain traces of gluten’.
- If you haven’t soaked your cashews already, do that now.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, process all of the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Move on to the next part of the recipe!
- 1 recipe bechemel sauce (above)
- 1 cauliflower
- 1/4C olive oil
- 1t salt
- 1/2C almonds (optional)
- Prepare bechemel sauce as per recipe above.
- Chop cauliflower. Toss with olive oil and salt.
- Place cauliflower on lined dehydrator tray and soften in dehydrator (not essential).
- Return cauliflower to mixing bowl.
- Add bechemel sauce. Mix together, and place into a baking dish.
- Grind almonds. Sprinkle on top of cauliflower and ‘bake’ in dehydrator for 1/2-1 hour.
- As always, serve with loads of fresh greens!