Raw Vegan Cheese Slices
- 1 1/2C cashews, soaked 2-4 hours
- 1 1/2C water
- 1T nutritional yeast*
- 1 1/2t sea salt
- 1/2T psyllium
- 1t turmeric powder
- 1 clove garlic
- Soak cashews 2-4 hours. Drain and rinse.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, process all of the ingredients until smooth and creamy. It should look kind of like a thick, yellow milkshake.
- Pour this mixture onto a lined dehydrator tray, and use a spatula to spread it out evenly. About half a centimetre is ideal.
- Dehydrate at 40-45 for 3-4 hours, or until the surface is dry to touch.
- Slice while still on the tray. If they are dry enough to peel off without breaking, turn them over. I find that they dry quicker and are easier to peel off if you use conventional baking paper, rather than the sheets that come with the dehydrator – for the Excalibur, anyway.
- Return to dehydrator until dry on both sides.*If you are gluten sensitive, double check the packet to make sure it’s ok for you. The one I had states that it ‘may contain traces of gluten’.
Like what you see? Share this post!