I’ve never been a believer in the whole ‘breakfast is the most important meal of the day’ blah blah blah… but lately, I’ve been waking up feeling like I must consume everything in the house asap, so it has kinda become the most important meal of the day! So, it’s been helpful to have some healthy things prepped up ready for immediate consumption upon waking, and this is one of my favourites. Hope you enjoy.
- 2C buckwheat, soaked or sprouted*
- 1/2C sunflower seeds, soaked/sprouted
- 1/2C pepitas, soaked/sprouted
- 1/2C dried figs
- 1/3C sultanas
- 1/4C (or less) agave, or raw honey
- 1/2 – 1C coconut oil
- 3T ground cinnamon
- Rinse your soaked/sprouted buckwheat and seeds, and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add dried figs and sultanas – I would recommend soaking these for an hour or so, not entirely necessary, but as we’ll be dehydrating them, I think it’s better.
- Add oil, cinnamon, and agave or honey. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread out evenly on lined dehydrator trays, and dehydrate at 40deg for up to 24 hours.
- Whizz up your favourite nut milk, and serve with yummy berries.