- 2C soaked/sprouted buckwheat
- 3/4C water
- 1 1/2C ground flax
- Salt and spices to taste
- Rinse buckwheat and place in blender.
- Add water, salt and spices. Blend.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add ground flax seeds to bowl and mix in by hand.
- Allow to stand for 10-20 minutes to allow flax to absorb the liquid.
- Line a dehydrator tray with baking paper.
- Grab a bowl of water, and use it to wet your hands.
- Scoop out about a third of the mix with your hands, and shape it into a pizza base on the lined tray.
- Dehydrate for 3-4 hours or until dry but still slightly soft, turning half way.
Should make 3-4 pizza bases. Dried bases will keep in freezer, and unused mix will keep covered in fridge for 1 week, or store for longer in the freezer.
Image credit: Nicole Viljoen Photography