- 1 recipe almond bread (see below)
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 1/2 purple onion
- 1T balsamic or apple cider vinegar
- 2T olive oil
- A few sprigs of basil
- 4C almonds
- 4C ground flax
- 2-3C water
- 1/2C psyllium
- 1C date paste (or equivalent volume of vegetable blended with water – will change colour of bread)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2t sea salt
- Prepare almond bread as per recipe.
- Finely dice tomatoes, and place in a mixing bowl.
- Finely chop onion and basil. Add to bowl.
- Toss vinegar and olive oil through tomato mix.
- Place beads on serving plates, and spoon tomato mixture over breads.
- Grind almonds in high speed blender until mealy. Transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients, and mix though with your hands, ensuring you remove any lumps.
- Roll out into a large sausage shape, and slice into approx 1.5cm slices. The weight of the knife when slicing will likely cause the sausage shape to turn into a bread shape.
- For bread: place on unlined dehydrator tray, and dehydrate for 2 hours..
- For burger buns: Get yourself a very large piece of baking paper (non stick), Take one of these slices and place it on the top half of the paper, then fold the bottom half of paper over it and use your hands to flatten it out.
- Remove carefully and place on unlined dehydrator tray. Repeat for as many burger breads as you wish to.
Extra bread mix will keep in fridge for up to 2 weeks wrapped tightly in plastic wrap.
Dehydrated breads will last 2-4 weeks in fridge in airtight container – but always taste the best fresh!